COVID-19 TEST FUND (CTF) FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE AND TAKAFUL CERTIFICATE HOLDERS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the COVID-19 Test Fund (CTF) set up by the insurance and takaful industry?
The CTF is a RM8 million fund set up by the insurance and takaful industry to support the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) efforts to conduct more COVID-19 Testing.
The fund will provide a fixed cash reimbursement up to RM300 for the cost of COVID-19 testing for individuals covered under individual or group Medical and Health Insurance policies/takaful certificates.
2. What are the Medical and Health Insurance/ Takaful products that qualify for the RM300 under CTF?
Medical and Health Insurance/ Takaful products that qualify for the RM300 reimbursement from the COVID-19 Testing Fund shall include products defined in the Bank Negara Malaysia's Guidelines on Medical and Health Insurance/ Takaful.
This includes medical expenses plans, hospital and surgical plans, hospital income plans, and critical illness/dread disease plans and other similar insurance/ Takaful plans offering similar benefits. Only plans with policy/certificate term more than or equal to 12 months are eligible for CTF regardless of mode of premium/contribution payment.
The COVID-19 Testing Fund is extended to Malaysians and Non-Malaysians residing in Malaysia. However, the CTF is not extended to the Foreign Worker Hospitalisation Scheme.
3. Who is eligible to claim from the CTF?
The CTF is only applicable for insurance policyholders/ takaful certificate holders with group*/individual Medical and Health-related insurance policies and takaful certificates, who have been referred by registered doctors for COVID-19 testing at recognised private labs as listed on the MoH COVID-19 website.
*For employees only, excluding dependents
For third party policy/certificate, only life assured/insured person/covered person is covered.
Your insurance policy/takaful certificate must be in force as of 27 March 2020 and at the time the COVID- 19 test is conducted.
4. If I have more than one Medical and Health Insurance Policy/Takaful certificate with different insurance and takaful companies, can I claim from more than one company?
The CTF will pay out up to a maximum of RM300 per individual regardless of the number of COVID-19 tests. You can only claim once from the CTF even though you have more than one Medical and Health Insurance Policy/Takaful certificate.
5. Who can be tested for COVID-19 under this CTF?
You can claim for the Covid-19 test under the CTF if you have carried symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e. acute respiratory infection (sudden onset of respiratory infection with at least one of: shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without fever AND have been referred by a doctor registered with the Malaysian Medical Council that you are medically necessary to go for Covid-19 testing.
You can also claim from CTF if you have met with the Case definition of COVID-19 defined in Annex 1 of Guidelines COVID-19 Management in Malaysia No.05/2020 issued by Ministry of Health (updated on 25 March 2020) as the following:
1. Person Under Investigation (PUI) of COVID-19
A. Have acute respiratory infection (sudden onset of respiratory infection with at least one of : shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without fever AND
B. Have travelled to / resided in foreign country within 14 days before the onset of illness OR
C. Have been in close contact* in 14 days before illness onset with a confirmed case of COVID-19** OR
D. Have attended an event associated with known COVID-19 outbreak
2. **Confirmed Case of COVID-19
A person with laboratory confirmation of infection with the COVID-19
*Close contact defined as:
• Healthcare associated exposure without appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (including providing direct care for COVID-19 patients, working with healthcare workers infected with COVID-19, visiting patients or staying in the same closed environment of a COVID-19 patient).
• Working together in close proximity or sharing the same classroom environment with a COVID-19 patient.
• Traveling together with a COVID-19 patient in any kind of conveyance.
Note: This CTF does not cover Drive-Through tests offered by some private hospitals/laboratories.
6. Am I entitled to claim from the CTF if my COVID-19 test shows a negative result?
Yes, you are eligible to claim from the CTF regardless of the test results.
7. If I require further treatment for COVID-19, can I still claim from the CTF?
This CTF is specially set up for COVID-19 tests. If you require further treatment, you should contact your insurer/takaful operator to find out if these treatments are covered under your insurance policy/certificate.
8. Can I claim from the CTF if my COVID-19 test is conducted at home?
Yes, you can claim from the CTF if the test is conducted at home, provided that you were referred to take the test by a registered doctor, fulfilled the criteria set and the test was conducted by laboratories approved by Ministry of Health. Currently, Doctor2U and DoctorOnCall are approved for reimbursement for home testing assuming the eligibility claims criteria is met.
9. Can I go to any hospital or recognized laboratory to be tested without seeing a doctor first and still claim from CTF?
No, you must see a registered doctor, and upon meeting the criteria, you need to get a doctor’s request or instruction to get tested.
10. When is the funding available and is there a closing date to apply?
The CTF is available for COVID-19 tests done on and from 27 March 2020 based on claims submitted on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis. Once the RM8 million is paid out, the funding will stop.
11. Is there any specific private hospital/private laboratory that I can conduct the COVID-19 test?
While you may visit any registered doctor at a private or public clinic or hospital, if you meet the criteria and are advised by the registered doctor to get tested, the test sample may be collected there and then.
Alternatively, you may be directed to go to a recognized laboratory listed by the Ministry of Health on its website. Please note that at this moment, only PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test for COVID-19 is accepted as per the recognized labs by MOH. Rapid Test will not be accepted.
12. If I have done a test on complimentary basis, can I still claim the RM300?
No. You are not entitled to claim the RM300 if you have done the test on complimentary basis.
13. If my doctor advised me to do a COVID-19 test for surgery or hospital admission, am I entitled to claim the RM300?
No. The CTF does not cover COVID-19 test for surgery or hospital admission.
14. Do I have to pay first to do the COVID-19 test?
Yes. You need to pay first and then submit a claim for reimbursement.
15. How do I submit the claim to CTF? Will I need to fill any forms?
You can submit your claim through CTF portal at www.MyCTF.my by completing the online form and uploading the supporting documents.
16. What are the supporting documents that need to be submitted for the claim?
The following documents are needed:
• Declaration by Doctor using the downloaded form from www.MyCTF.my OR
• Copy of Doctor’s referral letter to indicate you are required to do COVID-19 test OR
• Copy of Order For Supervision And Observation At Home Form (As per 14a of Guidelines COVID-19 Management in Malaysia No.05/2020 issued by Ministry of Health).
Click here to see the sample.
- Original receipt or scan copy of original receipt
- Copy of identity card
17. What is the difference between the three checklists in Part C?
For Part C, you only need to choose one checklist. This depends on the type of documents that you have, such as declaration by doctor, referral letter by doctor or Order For Supervision And Observation At Home Form.
18. What happens if the supporting documents are incomplete?
The Insurance company or Takaful operator will not be able to process your claims.
19. Can I give a bank account details that is not under my name?
No. Please ensure that the bank account information provided is accurate and the name matches with the name of the policy/certificate holder / Insured/ Covered Person.
20. If I do not have internet, what is the other method for claim submission?
Your claim only can be made through the portal at www.MyCTF.my.
21. I have a pre-scheduled surgery in April 2020 and due to the curent outbreak, I am required to undergo COVID-19 test before hospital admission, am I eligible to claim the RM300?
No. CTF does not cover COVID-19 tests that are required to be done by hospitals before a surgery. Please refer to eligibility criteria for further details.
22. All my family members underwent the testing, can we submit the claims together?
No. You must submit the claim form separately. If all your family members have medical insurance policies / Takaful certificates, they are eligible to claim. However, if all your family members do not have medical insurance / Takaful, they are not eligible to claim. The fund is only for those who have medical insurance policy / takaful certificate. One application is required for each claim.
23. What happens if I did not declare my symptoms or travel history?
If you fail to declare such information, your claims will be rejected.
24. Can I still claim RM300 if my COVID-19 test costs RM180?
The CTF will pay you the actual cost of your COVID-19 test up to a maximum of RM300. In this case, you will be reimbursed for RM180 and not RM300.
25. If my expenses of COVID-19 Test are being paid by my employer, am I still entitled to seek reimbursement for this benefit?
No, you cannot seek reimbursement from the CTF. The CTF is to help with the financing cost of the test.
26. Does this benefit pay for the cost of the Doctor consultation fee to obtain the referral to do COVID-19 test?
No. It is for the claimant to bear the cost at his or her own expense.
27. Will this reduce my policy/ certificate benefit limit if I make a claim?
No. Your policy/certificate benefit limit will not be reduced by making this claim.
28. What happens if I have already gone for a COVID-19 test prior to the announcement by Prime Minister on 27 March 2020?
The CTF covers test conducted on and from 27 March 2020 onwards.
29. If I did the COVID-19 test overseas, will I still be able to claim back the RM300?
No. The fund only applies to the Ministry of Health’s approved hospitals/ laboratories in Malaysia.
30. How do I know that my claim is successful and who will notify me the status?
You can check your claim status within 14 working days after submission of your claim. Your Insurance company or Takaful operator will notify you.
31. How long does it take for me to receive my claim money?
If your claim is successful, you will receive the claim money within 14 working days from the date of submission with complete documents.
32. How will the claim be paid to me?
Your claim money will be credited directly to the bank account that you have provided. If you have provided your e-mail address, you will be notified by email once the payment has been made.
33. How can I know if the fund is still available?
Official announcement will be made from time to time by the industry.
34. Can I make an appeal if my reimbursement claim is rejected?
No, All decisions made by us are final and are not subject to further appeal.
35. Where can I get further information about CTF?
Further information can be accessed through the portal at www.MyCTF.my and hotline number at 15500/ 1-300-22-11-88.
Kindly note that the above FAQs are updated as of 11 April 2020, and may be subject to change from time to time.
In appreciation to its loyal customers, AXA Malaysia (AXA Affin General Insurance Berhad & AXA Affin Life Insurance Berhad) will be absorbing the 6% goods and services tax (GST) to all its policyholders, as follows:
For more information, please click here to contact us.
Important Notice :
Please be informed that Service Tax will be implemented by the Government of Malaysia with effect from 1 September 2018 at a rate of six (6) per centum.
AXA Affin Insurance Malaysia reserves the right to collect from you an amount equivalent to the Service Tax payable on the applicable premium for the policy period, or in the event that the policy period commences before but expires after 1 September 2018, to collect from you an amount equivalent to the Service Tax payable on the applicable premium calculated from 1 September 2018 on a pro-rated basis.
Your obligation to pay Service Tax shall form part of the Terms and Conditions in your insurance policy.
The laws governing Service Tax are as per the Service Tax Act, 2018 and all Regulations passed by the Government of Malaysia from time to time.
For more info on taxable services under the Insurance & Takaful industry, kindly click here (Reference: B. Service Tax – Item 9)
Notis Penting :
Dimaklumkan bahawa Cukai Perkhidmatan akan dikuatkuasakan oleh Kerajaan Malaysia pada 1 September 2018 pada kadar enam (6) peratus.
AXA Affin Insurance Malaysia berhak memungut sejumlah amaun bayaran Cukai Perkhidmatan yang dikenakan ke atas premium yang ditetapkan semasa tempoh polisi, atau sekiranya tempoh polisi bermula sebelum dan berakhir selepas 1 September 2018, memungut daripada pemegang polisi amaun Cukai Perkhidmatan secara pro-rata yang dikenakan ke atas premium yang dikira bermula 1 September 2018.
Kewajipan membayar Cukai Perkhidmatan hendaklah tertakluk kepada Terma dan Syarat di dalam polisi Insurans anda. Undang-Undang yang mentadbir Cukai Perkhidmatan adalah Akta Cukai Perkhidmatan, 2018 dan segala Peraturan yang diluluskan oleh Kerajaan Malaysia dari masa ke semasa.
Untuk maklumat lanjut tentang Cukai Perkhidmatan yang dikenakan di bawah industri Insurans & Takaful, sila klik sini. (Rujukan: B. Service Tax – No. 9)