At AXA Malaysia, our mission is to give our customers peace of mind. We strive to build customer confidence by being a service provider that is ever ready to listen to and provide solutions for your insurance-related needs.
We would like to ensure that our customers are served with suitable products and services which fit their needs and wants. We aim to:
- Listen attentively to our customers
- Acknowledge and properly understand our customers’ needs and preferences
- Ask for requisite information and documents to advise our customers accordingly and in accordance with the Industry’s Code of Practice on the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
- Offer options of suitable products and services to meet our customers’ needs and wants
We genuinely want to resolve any problems you may have with your insurance policy. We welcome and value your feedback so that we may further improve our services to you. If we have not met your expectations in any way, please let us know. If we have exceeded your expectations, we would be glad to hear from you too.
In order to resolve any issues as quickly as possible, it is important that you give us as much information as possible when you contact us.
- Account Information - your full name, policy number(s), NRIC number or loan account number.
- Contact Details - your mobile phone number or other preferred method of contact (house number, alternate mobile phone number, email, etc). If you wish to be contacted only during certain hours, please let us know your preferred time between 8.30am to 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays.
- Complaint Information - what your complaint is about, what happened, when did it occur and who was involved. If you have any documentation or evidence to support your complaint, kindly provide those to us as well.
- Customers will be served within 10 minutes.
- Simple enquiries will be responded to on the spot.
- Cases which require further review will be responded to within 5 working days. We will notify you should more time be required.
- Responses from our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) are instant.
- Your call will be answered within 30 seconds.
- Simple enquiries are responded to on the spot.
- Cases which require further review will be responded to within 3 working days. We will notify you should more time be required.
- An automated acknowledgement will be sent to you upon receipt of your email.
- Emails will be responded to within 5 working days from the date of receipt.
- Correspondence will be responded to within 2 working days for GI cases and 3 working days for Life cases, from the date of receipt.
- For cases which cannot be resolved within the timeframe stated above, you will be informed of the progress and status of your case regularly until it is resolved.
- A response within 1 working day
- Cases which require further review will be responded to within 3 working days
Policy Issuance (upon acceptance in the policy system):
- Policy Issuance within 5 working days (for Standard cases)
- Policy Issuance within 10 working days (for Complex cases, where additional information is required / pre-existing medical condition)
Policy Servicing made easy.
- Policy changes within 3 working days (for Non-Financial)
- Policy changes within 5 working days (for standard Financial cases)
- Policy changes within 10 working days for (for Non-standard Financial cases)
- Policy reinstatement within 10 working days (provided complete documentation and payment for reinstatement is presented to Company)
- Cancellation/surrendering of policy within 10 working days upon receipt of complete documentations
- Issuance of medical / hospitalization card for individual customers within same business day of policy issuance
We welcome and value your feedback so that we may further improve our services for you. If we have not met your expectations in any way, please let us know.
- All complaints will be addressed and resolved within 14 calendar days
- For complicated matters which requires further investigation, complainant shall be informed of the progress within 14 calendar days
- If not resolved, complainant shall be informed of the progress in the next 14 calendar days; thereafter, after every 30 calendar days
- If customers are not satisfied with the decision of the Company, customers may submit their appeal to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) or to the Ombudsman for Financial Services (OFS)
Laman Informasi Nasihat dan Khidmat (BNMLINK)
(Walk-in Customer Service Centre)
Ground Floor, D Block, Jalan Dato' Onn,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Contact Centre (BNMTELELINK)
Jabatan LINK & Pejabat Wilayah
Bank Negara Malaysia
P.O. Box 10922,
50929 Kuala Lumpur
Tel. no.: 1-300-88-5465
Fax no.: 603-2174 1515
Ombudsman for Financial Services
(Formerly known as Financial Mediation Bureau)
Level 14, Main Block,
Menara Takaful Malaysia
No 4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman
50000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel no.: 603 2272 2811
Fax no.: 603 2272 1577
We strive to make your claims experience a simple one.
For straight through claims, our service turnaround time is within 14 days upon complete submission of claim.
For claims that require further investigation or if documentation or information is incomplete, customers shall be informed within 14 working days from acknowledgement of the claims.
If the appeal is declined and you are still not satisfied with the decision, you may write to us within 6 months from the date of our claims decision.
Any person not satisfied with the claims settlement or repudiation of the insurer can refer to the Ombudsman for Financial Services (OFS) as the next level of escalation; if the final decision of the insurer was made within six months and the claim amount is up to RM250,000.00.
If the claim decision was made more than six months from the final decision of the insurer and/or the claim amount is above RM250,000.00, please refer to Jabatan LINK & Pejabat Wilayah, BNMTELELINK of Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM).
AXA Affin General Insurance
Customer Service Centre,
Ground Floor Wisma Boustead,
71 Jalan Raja Chulan,
50200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: 03-2170 8282
Fax: 03-2031 7282
Social Media: www.facebook.com/MYAXAAffin ; twitter.com/MYAXAAffin
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
(Excluding public holidays)
AXA AFFIN Life Insurance
Customer Care, Head Office
8th Floor Chulan Tower,
No 3 Jalan Conlay,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Customer Care Hotline: 1 300 88 1616
Tel: 03-2117 6688
Fax: 03-2117 3698
Social Media: www.facebook.com/MYAXAAffin ; twitter.com/MYAXAAffin
Operating Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:30pm,
and Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
You can also reach us via online contact form here.
We have a Personal Data Policy which ensures the safety and security of the usage of clients’ information. The Personal Data Policy has in place strong security measures, responsible privacy standards, safe operations of its delivery channel for data transmission between the insured and the insurer and strict guidelines on the usage of clients’ information by its employees.
We reserve the right to accept or reject an application to purchase any of our products. We will inform the applicant of the rejection and will also state the grounds for rejecting the application generally within 5 working days.
AXA Malaysia is committed to fraud control with an emphasis on proactive prevention, putting in place detection measures in its effort to reduce possibilities which could lead to fraud. We believe in zero tolerance to fraud. Thus, when a fraud is detected, suspected or alleged, we are committed to fully investigate the matter. We will work closely with the relevant authorities to ensure that justice is served and implement measures to recover as well as to minimize losses.
The free-look period starts from the date your new Policy Document was delivered to you. If you decide to cancel your policy, you have 15 days from the delivery date of the Policy Document to write to the company and confirm your intention.
We are committed to ensuring that all information disclosed about our products and services is fair, accurate and comprehensive. As such, we shall not engage in or tolerate deceptive, misleading or false representations on any of our products or services.
The information contained in this Client Charter is strictly to be read and construed as general information for quick reference purposes only and shall not in any event be treated as a binding contract in any way whatsoever.
You are advised to contact AXA Malaysia or its agents for further details and more in-depth information.